Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Madyson's Room Re-Do Ideas




We moved into our new house back in October 2012. Thanksgiving approached shortly after followed by Christmas. It is now the middle of January and my house is now a clean slate once again. Ok, maybe not so much clean.. but I don't have the holiday decorations hanging all over my walls, the tree is no longer filling up the last corner of the living room, and I don't have presents/wrapping paper/ and glitter scattered threw out my house. So now it is time to do what we did not do when we first moved in. It is time to decorate! Here is the problem though. I want to leave my house empty. I know it isn't very inviting but I do not like having crap everywhere. Yes, I have a lot of crap.. I just don't want to see it all. It's like, if I could finished the attic and make some secret stair way up there, I could put everything up there and keep my house empty. Now that would be awesome. Realistically, that can't happen. I mean, I live here.. it should look like I live here. My house should feel inviting. I have a husband and a 5 year old. There is nothing worse than walking into a person's house with kids and not seeing any kid stuff.

 So, to start off with, I am going to do my chica's bedroom. When we first moved in I had it painted a beautiful soft teal color with the intentions of doing her room in teal and coral. Goodness it is a pain in the you know where to find coral stuff. Coral bedding, yea.. no.. not happening. I could have my mom make it but since it is so hard to find even fabric, I feel like I wouldn't be able to add decorations and curtains very easily.

First inspiration (note: I emailed the lady who posted this bedroom and she said that the picture of it is misleading. The "coral" color in the picture is actually light pink in person. So, the bedding that I loved.. in person is not what it looks like on here.. sadness"



First things that most be done is Paint.. like I said, it was painted before we moved into it but I am now changing the entire scheme/idea.. What is my inspiration? Well, this little canvas has stolen my heart


Purple and Grey. That is the color scheme! 

While at lowes, I cam across some glitter you add to your paint. Umm.. ok.. who wouldn't want to glitter a wall in their house. This is one main reason people should have little girls. Excuses to let the inner little girl come out. I mean, whats Daddy gonna say? No, you cant glitter our 5 year olds wall? 
I am only going to glitter one wall though, not to overwhelming. 


Look close, you can see the glitter on the wall. This is going to be a surprise for chica. She has no idea about the glitter. I can not wait to see her face and hear her say how much she loves it. 
She will love it right? 

Now to bedding. I have 2 different ideas. I want a quilt. I love quilts. I say in Pinterest where you take clothes from when they were a baby and make them into a quilt. This is going to happen for sure! I would love to make it myself but I am not sure if that is possible. I am thinking of having my mom make her bedding but the other things is, I really like the bedding below. Not sure what to choose..

Of course there will be a rug. The rug I like is white and soft. I do not have a picture of it but trust me, it is beautiful. I know what most people are thinking, white rug? Yes, my chica can have a white rug. Then there are the small little details. This is what makes the room so perfect. I know that on the small wall in-between the two closet doors I am going to do a gallery type thing. With random white frames, tons of sayings/quotes, a few pictures, and some canvas prints.


Then of course small random details

I really want pretty wooden letters

A pretty chandelier, pretty frames with random nick nacks

A mirrored perfume tray for her dresser

I found a beautiful purple tree at hobby lobby. It was like the one on the left but stood on the floor. Wouldn't that be beautiful though?!



Pretty much this is the goal. I think it is a room she can easily grow into as a young girl. It is sweet and simple which is what I am looking for. Of course none of this can happen until the old house sells but be on the look out for updated photos!!




P.S.  I would love to have this outside for her this spring
can't you see royal tea parties, craft picnics, and sweet reading time in this?







No comments:

Post a Comment