Sunday, January 13, 2013

Meatless for a month, not for my life

Meatless for a month.. NOT vegan/vegetarian/meatless for my life





After some major research I have decided that I will stick with meat.

I have a had a few people ask why I am going meatless. Let me start off by saying this..

There are pros and cons to every side of everything. That is why God gave us choices.

I have been doing a ton of research about vegan diets, vegetarians, and meat eaters. I simply didn't understand how the "fake" chicken {which is good by the way} is better for you than regular chicken. I have learned a ton but there is so much more to know. Peoples points and views are all extremely interesting and I am thankful for the things I have learned from other's knowledge.

I am meatless for January because of the challenge. I am meatless for January to try new recipes and allow my taste buds to acquire taste for other foods. I am meatless for January to help the earth animals out slightly. {I know the same amount of chickens will be killed regardless of if I eat it or not BUT I am not contributing to the killings for the month of January} I am meatless for January for the heck of it.

I am not meatless for life because we need meat. Meat has things such as B12 and fats that our body needs to survive. I do not judge people for the vegan diet or the omnivore diet that they choose. We all have choices. Some people must have meat to survive health wise. Other's can not eat meat due to health reasons. For me though, I just simply like meat. I love chicken. I love seafood. I like beef. I have no plans to keep this up when I sit think about the things I am not getting from not eating meat. But, It is hard when you think about the animals and the cruelty that occurs to feed them to us. It is those moments I think, ok.. I can do this.

Soy is actually worse for you than meat. See it isn't meat that's bad, it is the hormones and chemicals. BUT, after doing some research on meat vs no meat. I have learned that veggie burgers and such are full of the bad stuff too. Full of soy and of "fake" stuff. I have learned that the less ingredients in a food, the better it is for you. The vegan replacement foods do not have anywhere near a "few ingredients". oh there is .. So much to learn! So much to learn!

I am still going to continue with my meatless January to accomplish the goal. It isn't going to harm me in the slightest. I am still going to research the information, differences, pros, and cons. I will still be proud when I can say I went meatless for a month. I hope to get out of it strength, new foods I like, proudness of accomplishing a goal, and peace for saying at least 1 animal.


READ THIS.. it was one of many many many things I found that taught me so much. I honestly just love the way she puts things.

No comments:

Post a Comment