Monday, February 27, 2012

Bathroom Make-Over in Progress

 

As I type this, the paint in the hall bath is drying. As is the paint in the kitchen and living room also. The hall bath is small. Super Duper Small, but it works for my chica and guest (what small amount of guest I have over at least)

The bathroom was purple.. now it is gray. I want to do gray and yellow, gray and blue, or gray and green. The kitchen is also gray so either way I will have a gray and yellow room!

I am trying to find a shower curtain. Something simple. Right now I have a plain white one. I am fine with the plain white but it needs to be a new one. This shower curtain has seen one to many baths! I have to say, for a white shower curtain, it held its own for a while.

I want something simple but I am not afraid of color. I need color in the mono toned gray rooms! That is the best part of gray, just change the accents to change the room!

Example Time  (my favorite)

Ruffles: I am loving ruffles right now, but too much for a small bathroom? Maybe
082410showercurtain
The one above is actually a tutorial on how to add ruffles to a curtain. I love this idea because I can pick out my own color. Although, I am really feeling the exact picture about.

fd
This is just beautiful.. it might not be the right color for my bathroom but one day, I will have this somewhere in my house!

il_fullxfull_305487916
This is an etsy item, again, I can have it made to color preference. I like the idea of just the ruffles on bottom.. OR DO I??

images
Simply white ruffles?? All over?

183245132897C_600

Then there are these two (above and below). The above curtain is pretty, it has a thick stripe of lace looking stuff too! I love lace. The one below, although is horrible picture quality, has a few small sequence on it for some shimmer. They are not too much though and are only on the line between the color change.

spin_prod_546925201

The ones below are a little more girly/childish but I love them and they have the pop of color. They also come in blue.
asianlillyshowercurtain_t

dwellstudio pansy shower curtain

 

imagesjgfh
Gray and Yellow! I am loving everything in this picture. EVERYTHING

img13b

The one above and below are to show you the colors with the white curtains. Let me add, I love both the white curtains with texture to it. I am all about some white, the texture just adds that little extra touch. NOTE: Don’t forget the walls are gray!

img99b

Ok, the below one I am not going to get. It is too much and it isn’t what I am looking for but it shows the pink with gray. I could do pink and gray although Zak may have an opinions about pink, it is Madyson’s bathroom after all.

high end shower curtains, Fresh floral outlines in a window pane grid add a graphic punch in pink, black, and metallic gray on textured twill.Care: Machine wash cold, gentle cycle with like colors. Do not bleach. Tumble dry low. Remove promptly. Iron on lowest setting as needed.Fabric: 100% polyester, curtains, bathroom

WHAT DO YOU THINK/LIKE?

Whatever colors are chosen, accents will be the finishing touch.
Be looking for finished makeover photos!

Speaking of accents..  Why don’t we have an ikea?
I have heard so many good things about Ikea

No comments:

Post a Comment