Sunday, May 15, 2011

Gatlinburg Girls

We just got back from a mini vacation today. Mini vacation, quick getaway, overnighter; however you want to put it. It was a random trip, planned by my best friend K. Us girls only. Not big girls, just little girls. Myself, chica, K, and Pax. We drove up on Tuesday to our beautiful hotel in pigeon forge. I should not say it is a hotel room. It was a 3 bedroom suite. We didn't really want to do anything but get away from home with the little ones. They deserve our full attention for dealing with their Mommas always being busy.
We had an amazing time doing nothing but things for the girls. The pictures explain our trip better than I can in words. Oh how I love my gatlinburg girls! (Thank you K for being my best friend! Thanks for you and Pax being such an amazing part of my Mady's and my life. We love you both more than you will ever know!)



After dinner on the balcony, we did a few different crafts. The monsters were their favorite though!


Then it was playground time!









So, after less than 10 mins of playing. My chica goes to the shade. When I asked her if she wanted to play she said "it is making me sweat. I don't like to sweat. I like the shade. " and she really didn't go play. She actually made me take her to the car while pax played so she could cool off. HA, now I have to add that this is not me. I don't enjoy sweating but Ill sweat in the sun. My sister on the other hand.. Well this is exactly like her!  

We were going to do some things outside but (since my chica didn't want to sweat) we made a last min. decision to go to Ripleys Aquarium. As many times as I have been to Gatlinburg, I have never been to the aquarium. This was my favorite part of the trip! It was amazing! $30 spent on memories for a life time!













  



I think Mady's favorite part was the moving sidewalk. It was really cool though, having all the fish and sharks and such swimming on all sides of you and even above you! There were so many sharks! 












The penguins were my favorite! They had the glass under you and in front of you so the penguins could jump off the rocks, swim under where you were standing and go out to the outside viewing area. We stayed outside by ourselves with the only penguin out there forever! The girls also loved the fake penguin and of course Mady made me "talk" for him.


He kept swimming right where we were standing. It was so cool!









Next we went to the school house ride park. It was in the middle of the day, burning up. But we did it anyways. And we were the only ones there so they rode their 3 rides and loved every min of it!







The next day it was time to leave. We had a few quick pics on the balcony before we left.













No comments:

Post a Comment