Friday, May 6, 2011

A graceful sick chica

Have you ever wondered what it would be like to not know or understand where and how you throw up. Put yourself in my little chicas thoughts. She is 3. 3 years old and she has never thrown up, puked, tossed her cookies, regurgitated, barfed, what ever You call it. She has never done it. I knew this day would come.

On Thursday May 5th 2011, my little chica got sick. I feel like I should write it in her baby book. I know it is weird and not something I am proud of. What I am proud of is how graceful and mature she handles such a scary thing. Stuff coming out of your mouth (and nose) while your tummy hurts. WTH?! Here is her story:

The day started out fine. We made lunch plans with my mom at Ryans. I am always weird about a buffet. I am even more weird about her and a buffet but my mom and I wanted a salad. A create your own salad. Chica ate good. ( it makes my stomach hurt to say she at good when what she ate wasn't good) We went about our day afterwards and I started to feel a little nauseous. Not thinking anything of it, it passed. I cooked dinner, we ate, she had a bath, and then dad was home just in time to put her to bed. I went off to take my own shower as he layed and talked with her. By the time I was done with myself.. I heard him in the kitchen eating. When I sat down he told me that chica's tummy hurt. I just figured she needed her usual miralax in the morning. Then I heard her cry. I weird cry as if she was scared. She yelled Daddy and we both got to her room pretty fast. I was actually thinking maybe she used the bathroom on herself. When I opened the door I saw it. THROW UP. She threw up. omg. she threw up. EVERYWHERE!!  She is sitting there with it all over her hands and shirt, her ozwald, sheets, pillow, and everything in between. My first instinct was don't touch. Get a towel. Hold her. That is what I did. I held her before I even knew if she was cleaned off. She is standing there at her bed looking at me pointing to Ozwald (her beloved octopus) crying and saying Look Look. I calm her down and get her to lay on the floor while we cleaned everything else up. I tell her. You don't know what this is do you? You didn't know you could have stuff come out of your mouth like that did you? She just has this look like ummm WTH. Oz went to the washing machine (alone so he would have his bath fast) As I am getting clean sheets and a mattress pad I look at her, white as a ghost, sitting up. I swooped the mattress pad under her just in time for round 2.  At this point she is making a horrible face as if she just tasted the worse thing in the world. WATER! She needs water. When she was calmed down again (she didn't really cry this time) She points and says. My beans. I ate that corn and green beans. As if that was the smartest things she had ever figured out. I love her

I ask her if the couch is ok for the night. (That way I could sleep with her but yet not get thrown up on.) To the living room we go. Zak gets a little trash can. Actually it is a box that my grandmother had put my Christmas presents in. It was perfect though ( sorry meemaw) I didn't want her sticking her head in a dirty trash can and the toilet.. that is even worse. So bag in the "trash can" just in time for round 3. As she is throwing up with her head leaned into the trash can, spitting, not .. I said NOT crying . It hits me. She is BIG . I mean babies just throw up on them self. Toddlers just throw up on the floor.  BIG girls throw up in a trash can. SHE WAS SO GRACEFUL. After round 3 she layed down on the couch that I had Zak cover with sheets. I don't want throw up on my unstained couch. Asleep she goes. About 45 mins later I saw her make a face. Motherly instincts kicked in. Once again, I knew she was going to throw up. I pick her up and put her over the trash can. Here comes round 4. We sit on the floor, me holding her head up and hair back as she so "bigish" goes for it again. At this point Oz is done being washed. We hand him to her and she just smiles. She smells him (he smells sooo good!) and she closes her eyes with a smile on her face. After she falls asleep, it takes me about 2 more hours to fall asleep myself. awake at every move she makes. around 4:00 I hear her say Mommy and as I open my eyes, she is leaning over the trash can again. Round 5 bring it! We got this down!! I am telling her that it will go away. It wont be like this for much longer. Back to sleep she goes. All in all you get the story. I might say though, for my chica who cries over everything... this she did not cry over. Like I said she was graceful and pitiful. But yet still so darn cute!


No comments:

Post a Comment