Thursday, May 19, 2011

Did you eat any?!

My chica is very well behaved. She just recently started getting out of her bed during nap time to play on her floor. She is almost 4 and until now, she has had a thing about always staying in her bed while awake and playing. I am ok with her playing in her floor during nap time. I mean, it is her room. I always wonder what she is doing in there. I want to put a video cam in there to see but that just sounds creepy, weird, invasion of privacy.. what little privacy a 3 year old needs or deserves I don't know.. but still sounds creepy. Out of the 2 hours she "naps" she calls me in the room about every half hour or so to show me how she dressed her baby or tell me a joke. You know, the usual things a 3 year old wants to say so that she doesn't have to be alone or take a nap. On this day though, I realized I left her dirty clothes in her room and I needed them to do her wash. I walked into her room to find her sitting in her rocking chair. She had removed her braids in her pigtails and was combing her hair with her new Rapunzel hair brush. I then noticed that she had something on her face.



When I asked her what was on her face, she looked at me like how did you know or what are you talking about. She semi smiled and said "I tried to wipe it in so you wouldn't see" humm, that sounds a little sneaky and deceiving. So she thought it through huh? I said Ooh, well what is it? She says sunscreen. SUNSCREEN? Where is sunscreen for her to get into. My first reaction was DID YOU EAT ANY? She shakes her head no and makes this face she always makes when she thinks my question is dumb. Like she would eat sunscreen or something?! I have to admit, she was pretty darn cute with that sunscreen on her nose. Maybe at the beach I wont rub it all the way in. So a day or two later, I was brushing her hair and she wanted me to use her new Rapunzel brush, When I brushed it, white clumps were in her hair. You know where this is going. I tried to get it out of her hair but it just mushed in her hair making it look greasy. I asked her if she put sunscreen in the brush (remember she was combing out her braids when I walked in) She smiled and said "syea".. yes, she sais "syea" just like you are saying it in your head but with a little attitude behind it. boy do I have things to look forward to when she is a teenager.

No comments:

Post a Comment