Thursday, September 9, 2010

Lovin my pup

Molly Brown is now 6 months old. I am not really a dog person. Well that isn't true, I like dogs. I am not really a pet person. I don't mind other people's pets, prob becuase I can leave them. But when it comes to my own, I just never want  wanted any. 6 months later, I have to say I couldn't be happier with this pup. She was supposed to be big, but she isn't really. I know she is only 6 months but I do believe she is done growing in height. She will thickin out I know, but she isn't near as big as we were told she would be. She has the most beautiful brown colored coat. It has a red tint to it and just shines in the light. Her eyes are perfect. The brown/clear/yellow color is so pretty. I love her wet red nose. My favorite part of her looks is her ears. I love floppy ears.  
She is a mut. We were told she is Lab mixed with Wimeriner. As she gets older, I still am unsure of what she is. Lab maybe.. Def some kind of retrevier. Wimeriner, I don't think so. Like I said, she is small. Prob about 30 pounds or so. I always look at her trying to figure out what she is. Everyone seems to have a different idea of what she has in her and why. I just say she is mixed with a little bit of everything. Hybrid.

Well, I was watching Unsolved Mysteries yesterday and they were doing a part on animals saving people's life. The 2nd story was about a dog named Oscar. Then they put up a picture of Oscar. He looked just like Molly Brown. Same color fur, eyes, nose, and chin. Ears were floppy just like Molly's. The only difference was that Oscar was much larger. Thinker and taller. Oscars fur was much curlier also. They said this dog was a Chestapeak Bay Retreiver. I now think I know some of what Molly Brown is! I now think she is Chestapeak Bay mixed with some type of hunting dog.( her built and tail points when interested in a smell)

I honestly am so thankful that we got Molly Brown. She is so cute, and sweet. For a puppy she listen's very well. She didn't start howling until about a month ago. Only a few times has she barked and that was when our neighbors were in the back yard. That makes me feel safe knowning she will bark at strangers. She is for the most part quite and calm, which for a puppy is unbelievable. 
 
She looks sad in this picture, but I just love her little nose sticking through the gate.

No comments:

Post a Comment