Wednesday, April 17, 2013

She's Been Dreaming


It is the same routine every morning. I go into Chica's room to wake her for school. She is not one of those kids that wakes up early so it takes a few minutes for her to actually realize I am shaking her while calling her name. The moment she does wake up she scoots to the end of her bed (top bunk) in silence, her eyes still halfway shut, hair a mess, holding onto Oz, and leaning over for me to get her down. The past 3 days it has been a little different though. The moment she realizes I am shaking her while caller her name, she opens her eyes and says.. I dreamed last night. still speaking in the I am so tired and want to still be sleeping voice she proceeds to tell me if it was a weird dream or a bad dream. 



Sunday's Dream:
"there was a smurf and it was in my back pack. It kept getting out and messing with all my toys. and You put it in there"

Monday's Dream:
"there was like this train track. I had to beat it. everytime I opened my eyes the train stopped and when I closed my eyes it came back. I was standing at the train track and when it would go, I would have to like beat it to where it was going"

Tuesday's Dream:
"I was watching baby Charlotte and she like just disappeared. We were working at this restaurant place with these like tall short tall short things. (as she shakes her head in confusion) she was in her like thing.. her like stroller thing and she just disappeared. Then she just came back"



I usually have an idea where her dreams come from. The last two dreams though, I have no idea what would make her dream that stuff. Dreams are weird enough when I think about myself having them. When you really sit down and think that your child is sleeping, dreaming, having stories pop into her head.. especially strange dreams.. we all know how strange dreams can be, It is even weirder. Well, really it is kinda of freaky. I mean, what is the point of a dream anyways. (Other than Freud's explanations)

No comments:

Post a Comment