Wednesday, April 24, 2013

On the positive side..

Some of you know we have had a crazy few months. Some know more detail than others.. and I know, everyone has hard times.. (I mean, think about the families of the shooting and bombings and who have lost a loved one to things like cancer..)

 It just seems like everything that can go wrong has not but everything that we thought could not go wrong has.. I shouldn't say "has gone wrong" but things are difficult. During all this I have really been trying to focus on postive stuff, and we have a TON of positive things gonig on that make our complaints seem worthless.

So, what are some positive things going on?


CHICA'S BEDROOM
Her bed has been up but a few days ago we put the fabric around the bottom! (Thanks mom, it is perfect and looks beautiful) BIG NEWS- it is time for the wall. I am at the point where I am ready for everyone's gift. I know some of you have been waiting on me. Send them my way people! For the people that are still unsure of what they want to do, this is what I am asking:  handmade, handed down, or bought.. please don't spend a ton. Small things are great (nothing huge please) I will have hooks and a shelf of two for placing. It is not going to be a thing where she can get it dow and play with it. This wall is for her to look at and be reminded of the people that support her, believe in her, and love her. We would be soooo very thankful to have something from each person in her life.

OUR POOL
This past Sunday we spent hours pulling weeds and cleaning up the patio area around it. It is clean and looks amazing!!  ALSO.. BIG NEWS- It is now blue, clear, and as of today smells like a pool!! All that is left is cleaning it. So, if the weather would work with us, Id say we will be swimming in the next 2 weeks. Considering it is supposed to rain or be cloudy for the next week, I don't think it will be warm enough to get in BUT sitting out by it while eating dinner is about to be an every night thing for us. Yesteray I just sat on the diving board while Murfy ran around it like a crazy dog. I never thought this day would come!


SCHOOL
A new quarter has begun for me! Exciting, after this I will only have 3 classes left and then externs. Now for Chica's schooling. We are very blessed to have the option of being able to choose between the 2 schools have wanted her to go to. I know we are lucky and I am thankful every moment. With that said, it is the hardest decision I have ever had to make. I have had some hard decision but they were yes or no  decisions, this is a simple YES but which one gets the yes? They both have spots reserved for her and are waiting on us. BIG NEWS- As of right now, we have made a decision and I am so excited about not having to think about this anymore. I am at peace with our choice and I know she is going to excel (whereever she goes) and do great things!


HEALTH
My stomach is better, I have pushed myself to the limit a few times with regret afterwards when it starts acting up but I can honestly say it is much better. I am not having half as many dizzy spells when I eat. My bloodwork came back normal on the things the doc was worried about. BIG NEWS- I am on day 2 of my new BP medicine and I have not had any side effects! This is amazing news if you know the story from my other "new medicine I was on for 2 days" It seems to be doing a good job, but I think it is to soon know for sure if it will contiune to work.

SPRING
BIG NEWS-  we have baby birds! The reason this is big news is because we were unsure if they would hatch. These little birds have built a huge, amazing next in our garage. We do our best to leave the garage slightly open 24/7 for them to be able to get to their eggs. There were a few times it was closed for an entire day, so I worried. There are now 5 little birds in there. The cool thing is, it is low enough for us to see them. Amazing.. simply amazing.

We leave for the beach in 9 weeks! I can not wait to see my family, my beach, and my florida sun! Not only are Mom and B going, but the husband and sister get to go too, which is awaesome news!!

It has felt like 2013 just isn't going to be our "year".. from having 2 morgatages, being late to enroll Chica in schools, my health stuff, the lawn mower breaking while our grass stands two feet tall, our pool turning green, the husband getting a shard of glass embeded in his eye, my phone crushing my toe, and honestly the list goes on and on and gets more in depth and personal.. BUT each thing (other than the lawn mower) is on the up swing. The house has been sold for a month, the shard in his eye was only a 10 minute proceudre at the ER, and everything else is looking good.. There are positives in every difficult situation and I can only focus on being thankful that we are even alive to experience the hard times.

So even though this year didn't start out the way I would have liked, it started out with us being blessed and has contiuned to bless us. Who knows, maybe Summer 2013 will be the start of nothing but great for us. If not though, its all good.. I have amazing people in my family, great friends, a roof over our head, and one smart beautiful not so  little chica. What more could a girl ask for!?

GOD IS GOOD

No comments:

Post a Comment