Monday, April 22, 2013

New Quarter

The new quarter has begun at school. It sure has started off a little crazy though.

My schedule:
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday  (one class each day.. ugh) I would much rather have all classes in one day and not have school 5 days a week for just one class. 

This is how my first day started out.

306B - English (or so I thought)   Ok, so I admit it. I didn't actually look at what class I had as I was walking down the hallway to 306B but, I knew a girl in my english class and when I saw her sitting there I just walked right in and sat down. Me being me, I was 30 mins early. We sat, chit chat, and of course I played candy crush on my phone. Another girl walks in and says something to the girl I know about what class is this. A & P she responds.. I ponder a minute.. then turn around and ask.. This is not english??  Nope, we have english on Tu/Th.. oh.. crap..  I was in 306A. CRAP.. 

So I get my binder, walk out of the class slightly embarrassed isn't everyone embarrassed when they find out they have been sitting in a class room for 15 minutes when it isn't the right class? I walk to the class next door sit down, look at my scheudal and it says Sociology 306B. OK, so I am in the right class room now. Not english, sociology.. Then again, a girl walks in and says what class is this? Another girl responds Career Development. Wait.. what? crap.. what??!  Another girl speaks up and says she is supposed to be in sociology. Thank goodness it wasn't just me this time. We wonder the halls, looking for our class. Then we go to one of the main ladies at the school. "oh, did you get your new schedule? We changed that class to another day" as a matter of fact, I checked my student portal online that morning to make sure that my classes had not been changed. considering the fact that this has happened before.  They had not updated the portal yet but there is the new schedule. Indeed, the class was moved to Tu/Th.. 

New schedule:
Tuesday, Thursday, Friday..   This is awesome.. I will not complain at all having monday and wednesdays off. I mean, heck.. as I am typing this my pool is in the process of filling up. Having 2 free days during the week this summer is more than I was hoping for.

Next Day:
I head to school.. Sit down in class (again, super early) I watch carefully as people sit around me. I don't mind sitting next to people but I can not stand sitting near people that consistently talk and giggle.. loudly. The girl from the day before shows up.. sits next to me.. all is good.. then people keep coming in. the room fills up fast. Of course, I realize I am surrounded by people behind me and in front of me that talk and giggle. The entire other side of the room doesn't even sneeze. Really?!

Next class: I walk to the room the new schedule says. Finding a note on the door, I make my way to the room that the note said go to. While in there, I check with others to see what class they have. OF course, NO ONE has the same class as me. I walk back to the first room and the note says that other class room for sure, same class. same date. I go to the front desk and she tells me my class number (the class with the note on the door) and the class room for the people that are in the room the note says to go to. I go back and send 3 people to the other class room. People keep coming in one by one and they are all for the "other" class. After sending 3 more people to another class room, I get scared that  I am the one in the wrong class somehow or another. I find a main teacher guy and he spends 10 minutes figuring it all out. I am indeed in the RIGHT class. YaY

So, after all that, this is what else I have figured out:
My English class is HUGE.. like 30 people or more.
My Emergency Procedure class is 4 hours long and wowzers but at least I will be CPR certified.
My Sociology class is going to be great (other than large amounts of homework and the crazy teacher) really, the teacher is off the wall and different BUT I think it is a good thing. I loved phycology and didn't like the teacher so being that I know I will love this class and the teacher seems like the right kind of person to teach this class. This will be the class I look forward to each day.

So, that is how this quarter has begun.. and it has only been week one. Just 11 more to go! Then guess what?! My last quarter of classes! I have 3 classes left after these. I can not believe in 24 weeks I will be headed to externs. Exciting!! 

1 comment:

  1. I'm a little biased but I really think you'll enjoy Sociology! It's what I've got my Masters in and it's somethuing that once you learn you can't turn off! =D I hope this quarter goes well!

    ReplyDelete