Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Spring and Summer, Life gets better

Spring is here people.. Spring is here.

Like I have said before, I didn't really get to enjoy/decorate/love my house when we first moved in. With holiday celebrations every weekend and another house hanging over our heads.. this new house never really seemed real. It seemed like a place I was staying at.

That is changing, thank goodness

Spring is here and sunshine is out. Only a few weeks and we will open our pool. THE POOL. Goodness, it is going to be an entire new experience for me. Walking out of my bedroom, down the hall, to the door, out onto the pool area, laying in a chair, Chica swimming..

This is a good thing for many reasons. I can not tell you how much money we will save this spring/summer. Yes, it cost money to upkeep the pool BUT, think about it. I wont want to leave. We will save on Gas (since I wont be going anywhere..ever) Water (since we wont have many clothes to wash considering we will live in swimwear) Shopping (again, I wont be going anywhere) Entertainment (since we have our own entertainment swimming by day and drinking wine pool side by night) Drinks (because I think it would be good to charge a bottle of wine for friends and family to use the pool .. just kidding, unless you are feeling all giving and such) 



Other than the pool, I have been thinking about a few things to do with Chica this summer. Crafts and cooking. I just "cleaned up" my pinterest boards. One in particular was our crafts board. I pretty much deleted everything form it. There are just a few things on the board and I hope to keep it that way until I have finished those crafts. They are pretty cheap crafts which is always a plus. Like the $5 chalk board. Taking a $5 long mirror from walmart (I actually think they are $7 now a days) and painting it with chalk board paint.. then hang it in the kitchen for drawings, notes, shopping list. I have the perfect place for this craft so be looking for pictures soon! I am also excited about the chandelier bird feeder and the bird bath.

Pretty much, my spring/summer is going to consist of very few things.

Pool Side
Simple Cheat Crafts
Sunshine
Chica/Husband/Friends/Family
School

Nothing more, Nothing less  - Nothing could be better than this!!

No comments:

Post a Comment