Thursday, September 6, 2012

Simplicity of a Bedroom

 

My inner heart has always wanted to be an interior designer. People give me money to decorate?! YEA, absolutely. But this is the south. People in the south don’t pay to have another person decorate their home. (at least not the majority of people in the south) So, my inner heart had to be smashed with the realistic truth that I would get no where in that profession (at least not for now while in the south).

No worries though, there is always MY house. Problem 1- decorating cost money.. problem 2- decorating how I want cost more many than I should spend

So every once in a while I get an idea and go for it. This is what I am going for now:

Madyson’s new bedroom!!   the theme.. simplicity

# 1 choice-

IMG_73582_thumb

So, here it is.. the inspiring picture. Actually, I plan to copy this as much as possible (minus the rug) so it isn’t my idea but.. it will be Mady’s room.

COLORS I LOVE

color 2

color 4

il_570xN_316328247

 

I found the link to this room and she even linked where she got everything!
sad news, the curtains are not as coral as they look.. this makes me super sad considering that was the best part. Not sure if the bedspread’s color is off or the wall color. I asked her so I guess we will find out.

# 2 choice-

image
I did not find a link to any of this but I did see where someone said the paint color is Valspar's Milk Toast and the light is from Ikea. I think a white bedspread would be fine because she isn’t allowed to have anything other than water in her room and honestly she is a clean child. I am not a fan of the curtains but the idea and colors are so pretty!

Simple Details:

Woodland-Princess-Castle-Bunk-Bed
NOT THESE COLORS.. but, I do like the curtains in front and behind the bed. It is a different take of the netting that hangs over a bed. To me it adds a little bit of that “little girl princess” look I know she would love. Her bed would be in a slight nook of a wall therefore I know this would work. I am just not sure if it would be to much and un-simplify it.

44337_0_7-1000-modern-kids
I would love something like this under her window. I actually found a link (that I now can’t find) that shows how to make this with bookcases and window valence thing for a flat wall window. Not sure if we would have room for it to be like this but maybe?!

201311_bevc02a_01
This would be cute in her room for her extra “stuff” not this color though.. another ikea piece

I am also looking for a dresser. She does not currently have any type of dresser so we hang everything. I hate hanging clothes. We even hang pajamas. Did I mention I hate hanging clothes?

BEDROOM FURNITURE
Bed
Dresser
Window Seat
Storage cabinet

Simple and Sweet.. just like her.. ok, ok, she isn’t always simple but she is super sweet!

Guess I’ll be posting her new bedroom in the next few months so keep a look out!

p.s. if your bored or like me and just enjoy surfing the web for random things. I really want coral and aqua bedding. I can only find the one in the picture above (which I love) but it is a duvet cover so I’d have to also purchase an insert. In other words.. about $300 total. Ouch

 

p.s. soon to follow.. I know she has a ton of toys.. and a simple bedroom will not hold them while keeping the simplicity theme.. that’s why there will be a playroom.. whoop whoop

No comments:

Post a Comment