Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Making water rainbows and mudd puddles

Today was great, relaxing and warm. MY KIND OF DAY! After doing the typical Tuesday morning stuff with my wonderful mom, Mady and I played in the yard. She, of course, put on her rain boots and stomped around. I have my camera and am looking at different settings. I decided it was a perfect day to work on my quality shots.. not so much artistic but just getting the color and focus right. So as I am sitting there in the middle of the driveway, my chica runs up to me and says she has an IDEA!


M- I can use the hose because the grass looks thirsty. (mind you we have had a TON of rain)
me- Go for it
So she grabs the hose, squeezes the handle, and poke out her lip.
M- There is no water she says. The water isn't working. I know! I can go twist the handle and fill the the hose up with water!!
me- ok, got for it
She runs over, turns the handle, runs back, squeezes the handle, SPASHHHH (my hose noise spelling) Water goes everywhere.. all over me.. I duck over my camera like it is my child being taken away.
me- No Mady!! That way.. pointing away from me
M- sowey Mommy

Such a gardener. She is always worrying about the flowers!

Then she decides to make mud puddles. Of course she HAS to splash in them. Of course she ends up falling down in one as soon as I had told Zak that we would go with him after work. Of course we didn't end up going because she was dirty and needed a bath. 
  


Her favorite thing was making "water rainbows" She would squeeze the handle.. look for the rainbow.. and then run after it or towards it or however you want to explain it. She never caught the rainbow but she did get "all wained on"
She loved spraying the water against the wind so it would all spray back onto her.


She played with the hose for at least 45 mins, getting all muddy,  wet, and very tired. Below she puts down the hose says..
I sure am tired


We gathered out things, went inside, took a bath..
Here are a few shots from the bathtub..
I am pretty sure next time (Thursday maybe) I am going to play in the hose too. It looked like so much fun!













No comments:

Post a Comment