Wednesday, April 6, 2011

$14 and 20 mins later

If you want to skip the blah blah talk and go straight to the $14 and 20 mins later craft part. scroll down to the purple **



On our way to preschool this morning, my little chica was telling me what she was going to do today. "After I go to the park and ride the carousel again and again and again, I am going to kinder music. THEN I am going to NuNu's house" I said o'really. That isn't really in the plans for today. She says "But mommy. I miss skipper (NuNu's dog) I say, You do? She says " Yes, and I miss Bobbob's guitar, and my violin, and the birds on the wall are tweeting for me" (she has bird decals on her wall at her NuNu's house) I tell her, well.. you will have to ask NuNu if you can stay the night.

Needless to say.. since my chica is so sweet and cute, AND my mom just got back from being gone for 2 weeks.. She stayed at her NuNu's house.

That left my day WIDE OPEN. Tanning.. was warm and relaxing! Then hobby lobby. OMG I could have spend so much money in there. I did spend money. I have crafts that need to be done before Easter. I also splurged a little and got crafts for my room. Tomorrow is craft day. and Baking day!  I don't bake. My sister in law is getting married and I have something I want to bake for the bachlorette party. I figured I should try it ahead of time first. Be looking for my post on the crafts and baking!!

Then to the store.. bilo. I am a publix girl but super bilo makes me happy too. I had to get things for my crash diet. I did  trial run of 4 days. Pretty much my trial run was just eating 5 meals a day (instead of 1 or 2) and eating every 3 hours. This meant that I HAD to eat breakfast.. which I know I know, it is the most important meal of the day. I set my alarm on my phone to remind me. I did good at work. It was the days not at work that gave me a problem. Also it was my trial run for writing everything down. EVERYTHING.  All that is another blog in itself. ..

Then from bilo to home. I played on the Ipad some, cleaned house, showered, and got ready for my date. YES, Zak and I have found that going on a date, usually to meet up and get drinks is.. well.. fun.. :)
This time he did pick me up.. which was fun, he didn't even come inside or to the door, WHAT HAPPEN TO THE GENTLEMEN .. just kidding, I was waiting in the driveway. Off to Ruby Tuesday's we went.

It is NOT in my diet to drink anything other than wine. I drank a Margaretta and a greatful dead. They were yummy. I didn't feel bad. We split an amazing meal. The seafood trio. Lobster tail, grilled shrimp, and a crab cake. I had french green beans and he had potatoes. I ate the lobster tail, no butter just lemon, we split the shrimp so I had 2 grilled shrimp again, no butter or salt or anything of that nature, and I had a bite.. ok 2 bites of the crab cake, which I have just come to love this year if it is burnt. HA. I ate ALL the french green beans and not one bite of potato or bread. :) I am PROUD.

Then we headed to wallgreens for my hair dye.. OH OH I can not wait!! I love dyeing my hair!

Back to my day though, at hobby lobby I had an idea. I always want to buy Zebra Print fabric. I love Zebra Print. Then I saw the Canvas.. DING DING!!
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
So After $14 and 20 mins I had beautiful wall art!! Steps are as follows!

Find canvas size you want (Hobby Lobby 2 for $7.99)
Pick out fabric, matching or cordnating (mine, hobby lobby for $3.99 in all)
Pick our pretty ribbon (mine Hobby Lobby 50% off total = $2)
Hot Glue (I could not find the hot glue gun, had the sticks, so I used Elmer's glue and then nails)

Place fabric on top and make sure it can cover all the way to the back of each side at least 2 inches



Glue fabric to the wood and the canvas frame on the back, pull tight and glue the side across
Then fold ends in as if wrapping a present and glue.


Take ribbon, cut the correct lengths and then glue. My ribbon was see through in the middle.. sort of like lace so I actually nailed (you can glue) each corner.


Then hang on wall.


Pictures will be posted of entire wall/room when I clean off the futon below the canvas.

Simple! Pretty! Perfect! I know I will do this for prob. every room in my house. Next room though, Mady's and my bathroom!
STAY TUNED!!


No comments:

Post a Comment