Wednesday, November 7, 2012

My Political Opinion

 

Last night was the end of the 2012 Presidential Election. so here is my rant/rave

I have some friends that I have been reading their post on Facebook and even instagram. Some black, some white.. Here is my issue..

I saw a post about black nation. What is black nation? Shouldn’t it be ONE NATION?

Did President Obama win last year based on his promised and thoughts or was it based on his color. WE will never know. I think color a TON to do with it though. I think people voted that normally wouldn’t just because of color. If they were for his color or against his color, they came out of the woodworks to vote based on that.

I heard on 94.3 the other day this guy talking about voting. It was the main guy that does that station. I listen to the country station, I listen to the pop station, I listen to the rock station.. I heard different radio people stating their opinion and disagreeing with their coworker on other opinions. BUT I never heard what I heard on 94.3 that morning.

The dude talking said go vote. GO VOTE for the Guy that should be president. Rosa Parks, Martin L. King.. make them proud. Keep up what we have worked so hard to do. Don’t let it go back to what it was. Obama needs our vote to keep “us” and our freedom respected.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? the dude went on and on about it. Never once did he say do what is right for America. Never once did he say choose who you want but get out there and vote. Never once did he discuss why Obama should be President other than pointing out that “out people” need to vote for him. He is one of “us” .. clearly talking about color. It flat out kept saying “our people” and make our Black History fighters proud. and blah blah..

So, voting the second time based on color? Really? I also heard one of my friends say she was pissed at the people turning their backs on another one of “their people” because they didn’t vote for Obama (again, based on color)

ANYWAYS, Obama won.. and oh my goodness the feedback on facebook went CRAZY

The world is over.. Way to go people of America.. Moving to Canada.. and then I read somethings I was taken shocked by, all because Obama won. Oh, what about the people that were happy. Rubbing it in everyone’s face? Saying things like “we are taking over” and No White President for another 4 years. WOW WOW WOW..

I get that people are happy or mad. I get it is a huge deal who runs our Country.. BUT, the world is ending because we have a Black President again. That makes no sense at all. I know that if Mit would have won, people would have been pissed at that too. Regardless of who is President, the USA needs some help. Needs changes. Needs somethings to be new. Also, regardless of who is president if gas prices are $7 a gallon, we are going to pay it. If they are $2 a gallon, we are going to pay it. If taxes are raised, we are going to pay it. If they are lower we are going to pay it. It is what it is. Not everything can change and happen over night. I think that Obama can bring us good and bad just like Mit would have done.

I know my child's future will be affected by who is President and the decisions that are made for America right now.. But I also think my child's future is going to be affected by the choices of her peers and neighbors. Her teachers and other parents.  It isn’t JUST the President yall. It is each and every one of us.

My post on Facebook:

First and only political post- it is crazy the amount of people saying the world is over because of who is President. Life goes on, the world keeps spinning, and tomorrow we will wake up breathing. (they both had good and bad, in my opinion) Plus, It's in Gods hands regardless. So to the happy ones, please be respectful and to the mad ones please be respectful. The world is not going to end regardless of who is president. Things may get worse or may get better.. Can we all just work towards better in our own life, and hope for better in each others life? ... Just saying

 

Ok, my political rant and rave is over. I have tons more to say but instead of going on about it. I am just leaving it at the fact that I am disappointed in the reactions and words of everyone. If you have a strong opinion, share it with your family.. your close friends.. but be respectful and don’t make a fool out of yourself on a social media site.

1 comment: