Thursday, June 21, 2012

Little Dancer

 

With her pink tights, black leotard, perfectly pink ballet shoes, and her long blond hair pulled in a twisted tight bun..

IMG_1899

we headed to dance class. Ballet, Jazz, and Tap all put into a 45 minute time span with 8 other little 4 and 5 year olds. (Actually one girl is going on 7 but I guess she is in there because her little sister is in there and it makes it easier on the mom.. maybe?)

We ended up getting ready 30 mins to early. This was supposed to be a good thing but my little dancer was very ready to go. So ready that every 2 minuets, she asks “is it time yet?” or “can we just drive there already? we can just sit in the car. I want to leave” I responded every time with “almost”.. and so I found her patiently waiting in the hall way. {in other words.. pouting because it was taking too long}

IMG_1902

Then.. it was time!

She was ready to go up until we walked into the doors. That’s when she went into her “I have no idea what to expect.. why are these other kids running around like crazy animals.. I am going to stand here and be extra silent and still until I am told to move” mode. When it was time for class, she went right in, say down on her square and watched. WATCHED. It took for a little bit to actually try what the teacher was telling/showing them to do. As I watched in the window {explains the horrible camera phone pictures through a window) she would look at me and grin. BIG. Just to let me know she was happy to be there.

Then she started doing everything she was shown. 

IMG_1909

IMG_1911IMG_1913

She did really good. She isn’t or at least wasn’t as uncoordinated as I have always believed her to be. (she cant even hit the ball correctly during minigolf) but she did it. And for her first day, I am impressed! She can stand on her tippy toes FOREVER. {just to let yall know, at this age.. they do not use point shoes}

 

IMG_1978IMG_1979

IMG_1924IMG_1925IMG_1927

and so they danced..

first ballet class

The class she is in is: Fairytale 4-5 year olds. Each week, for the 7 week class, they get to dress up in a princess dress. Although I like the look of the leotards and tights better, the dresses are adorable. {note: because they get dresses, she does not have a tutu on.. if they did not use dresses.. she would FOR SURE.. without a doubt be in a tutu}

IMG_1933

IMG_1980

little twirler


Next came Tap

IMG_1948IMG_1957

so, they tap danced

first tap dance class

She is the third from the door. {yes.. the cute one}

 

 

IMG_1959

After tap was Jazz. I did not have a good view of her during jazz but I did happen to capture her slightly in the mirror. (the one in the black leotard)


IMG_1981

By the end of class she was good to go. She wasn’t looking for me anymore, she was jumping around, dancing, and laughing. I am excited for class next week.

freeze dance (happens to be her favorite game at home so she was all about it in class)

 

I guess my little girl is in the next stage of life.. cross your fingers she becomes an amazing dancer, goes to some wonderful dance school, and ends up being a professional.

THAT would be AMAZING!

No comments:

Post a Comment