Sunday, June 3, 2012

Are you smarter than a 5th grader??

 

 

How many vowels does appearance have?

What was your guess? 3?? mine too.. the correct answer.. 5  Vowels… NOT Syllables!

While playing “are you smarter than a 5th grader” on my BF’s phone, that is the question that popped up. My answer.. 3  .. Then, after I got it wrong, I realized that it said vowels NOT syllables. I didn’t admit it to my BF, I just simply looked at her and asked her the same question. “3” she said.. nope.. VOWELS.. then when her fiancé came in the room, he got the same question. “3” he said (with confidence) haha.. noooo it asked for Vowels..

Remember, we are all over the age of 25!

So, sitting at dinner tonight, I asked Mady. Then I realized she wont know how many vowels there are so I asked her about syllables. She said she didn’t know and she didn’t remember how to “clap it out” like she was taught at preschool. I then asked her how many syllables the word HAPPY has. She looked up at the ceiling like she does when she is trying to figure something out and quietly to her self she said “H…  A…  P…  P… Y…” 

I was shocked. I know she knows how to spell every day words like Mady, Dad, NaNa, Love, Dog, God, No, Yes, Hi, and so one but to correctly spell, quietly to her self, the word Happy.. I loved it. LOVED IT.

now I kind of want to download the “are you smarter than a 5th grader” app to my phone, and let her answer the questions because I am pretty sure she IS smarter than a 5th grader

No comments:

Post a Comment