Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Just a little more

 

 

My last post was about how I have realized that I need to let go a little. This post is going to tell you what happens when you let go a little. (although, if I had not let go a little, this stuff would more than likely still be going on)

Again, she will be 5 in August.

559367_10151586076110088_856426753_n[1]

Mady has gown a personality per say and this personality better only stay for a few more months. I like to think it is just because she is changing from a 4 year old to a 5 year old. She is trying to find her way in the world and is confused on how to go from being little to being big. But here is a FEW examples of what is going on..

She has decided to be independent with everything
- climbing on a chair to get clothes down from the closet

She has found her voice in the demands that she puts out there
- “I know better than you do” “I already told you twice, I AM going to do that” “It’s what I say NOT what you say” “I can if I want to” “You do it” “YES MOTHHHEEEERR”

She has learned that Mom can be tested
- Madyson, please stop hitting the wall with the toy.. she does it again. Madyson, please stop hitting the wall with the toy.. she looks right at me and does it again.

She has stopped telling on herself for everything 
- I find a babydoll that is shiny. When asked why it is shiny, she says she put lip gloss on her and didn’t tell me because she didn’t want to get in trouble. p.s. come to find out, it wasn’t the first time she bathed her baby dolls in lipgloss during rest time

She has learned how to beg 
- I really want it. Please?! I wont ask for anything ever again. Please. I wont even be whiny.

She has an attitude that; it is her way, this is how it is done, she will tell you what to do, and if she doesn’t like it there is no discussion about it..

Now that I think about all this, sounds like she is trying to take on the adult role in our mother daughter relationship. Unfortunately for her, I am not naive.. she doesn’t get away with it, and I don’t give in often. To be the adult, she has to run the race with me and regardless of how cute she is, I will win. I am faster. I am bigger. and if she is ahead, I can always trip her!

Let me add this though: she is still a wonderful child. She does listen most the time. She is quite and respectful. She does make me laugh 22/7. And I still feel very blessed and thankful that SHE is who God gave me. I am not complaining, I actually find it quite funny. I love her with ALL my heart and would NOT change the past 4 1/2 years (including these past few months of this personality) for anything in the world!

403517_10151755608185088_196057025_n[1]

No comments:

Post a Comment