Sunday, February 6, 2011

Just a few stories..

I know.. I have been slacking in the posting department. Isn't it funny how I post like 3 a day for one week and then goes a week or two with nothing. Not that I do not have anything to write about but because I am.. well.. I am.... I am.. I don't know .. I just am.. or should I say am not..  Anyways..  I just have a few stories


I have been doing an amazing job at the cooking thing. I might have over done myself this coming week planning on cooking 4 different recipes. YES, 4..   I am behind on posting my recipes but I'll catch up on that in the next few days. So, other than the cooking.. well I love my xbox. Call of Duty. I said it.. Call of Duty. I know that is a "guys" game but I sure do love it. Plus I am good at it. Like all video games. Zak is one lucky guy to have married a wife that can not only play the games, not only enjoys the games, but is the shiznit at them! Then there is my sweet adorable silly chica. She keeps me pretty busy. Oh, and I am getting ready for a fundraiser for the Ronald McDonald house. My sister in law is on the Friends Committee and as soon as I heard Adult Prom. Flash back to the 80s. OMG I AM THERE!! In other words I have had reason to not be writing. I think. Ok, back to the stories

Friday night we made our EXCITING trip to the MOST amazing store ever.. PUBLIX. yes I love it. Always have, always will. The clean, open, tons of food to choose from store! The car buggies that I do not mind pushing Chica in. The options.. OH the options of yummy food. Ok, back to the story. We were there shopping and about every other shopping trip I let my chica get poptarts. Not healthy, I know. That is why I said every OTHER trip to the store. So she eyed them as I was trying to zip by them.

Alright... Ill let you get them. (in my giving in voice)
As she ponders the pictures on the box asking me what kind this and that is, she spots the one she wants
eyes get huge and she points.
GRAPE.. I want the GRAPE ones.
I look at the box thinking eww  grape poptarts.. I look at her and I guess I had a "eww" look on my face
she says

"You can try them. If you try them you might like them. Calliou (tv show) didn't like the slide but he tried it and then he liked it! So.. if you like (yes she says like.. just like a 13 year old) .. if you like try a bite you will probabe like it because it will be good"

Oh sweet Mady.. how a bite of grape poptart does not sound good to me. She is right though, You never know! Ill let you know if I ever have a bite of that grape poptart

I love her conversations and reasons and oh so convincing ways!


Backing up a few days before publix..

Mom, myself, and my chica are at target. Getting a new, clean, working humidifier. I told her she can pick it out and there are so many different kinds. We get to them and there is a frog, penguin, and elephant. omg the elephant is soooo cute! She picks the frog. I am standing there at the elephant. Touching it, awwwing at it, looking at chica asking.. are you sure you want the frog. This one is cute. but you can have whatever one you want. You can pick it out. are you sure you don't want the elephant.

She looks at me and in HER giving in voice she says

Oooo-kaaa, I will get that one. Thats fiiinnnee..

I look at my mom, we die laughing, Did she really just give in to me. With the exact give in voice. Only to make ME happy about the darn elephant humidifier. HA!

I say.. no Mady, you can pick whatever you want. You can get the frog if you want.

She says.. No Ill get that one.

I <3 her sooo much! She chooses her battles welll, I assume. Or maybe she just knows that I know what is more cute :) Or maybe she just enjoys showing her big heart to make others happy.


Ok, So no forward a few days but still before publix..

We are about to put her to bed. She found a basket that I let her use to play with from the kitchen earlier that day. She is skipping around with this basket. Zak tells her, get in the bed.. it is time to go to sleep

M - But Daddy, I have to go on a bird hunt
Z - Well, I hate to tell you this, but it is pretty hard to find birds in the dark
M - I am going to find the birds in my house ( I wish I could type the cute way she says birds.. berdz ??)
Me - In the house? There are no birds in the house
M- Yes there are come on.. lets see
as she walks out of her room with basket in hand. She stops.. she turns with huge eyes looking at us then looking into our bedrooms.. excited
M - There is a bird in your room!!!
Z - what kind of bird
M - AN EAGLE.. there is an eagle in your room!!!
she walks down the hall stops at the bathroom
M- There is a bird in the bathroom
Me - what kind of bird is in the bathroom
M- A seagull, with blue wings!!
Me - you better shut the door so it doesn't get out
M- don't worry, its a nice bird

I love her imagination!

Ok, I think that is it for now.. Good Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment